From: William Ansley <wansley@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) a merry christmas. . .
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:53:56

>I was rather pleased with my Christmas presents this year.  Under the tree I
>found a copy of PEACE and FREE LIVE FREE.  With my Christmas money I bought a
>copy of THE FIFTH HEAD OF CERBERUS.  And I think I'm getting STRANGE
>TRAVELERS at a party tomorrow.  So the question is: where do I start?
>
>-Steve

Definitely start with _Peace_. I would then read _The Fifth Head of
Cerberus_, followed by _Free Live Free_ and _Strange Travelers_ (I
hope you get it).

I am a strong proponent of reading books in the order they were
written, and I think I have given them in this order above, or as
close as possible, considering ST is a collection of short stories.

Enjoy!

--
William Ansley