From: <akt@attglobal.net>
Subject: (urth) Merry Xmas
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:25:59

Have to disagree with Wm. here. I don't think Steve should start
with -Peace-. That is not the sort of book that gets people fascinated
with Wolfe; it's the one they tackle when they are already hooked, and I
think it's rather off-putting to a beginner (I confess that I've never
been much of a fan).. I strongly suggest 5HC as your starter, that you
should take your time with it, and then dip into the short stories in
the other books at random as they catch your attention. But 5HC is a
truly fascinating book that holds seeds of all the themes Wolfe would
later explore more thoroughly. Happy hunting! And Happy New Year!

-alga