From: Dan Parmenter <dan@lec.com>
Subject: (urth) Gormenghast: The Rock Opera
Date: 02 Jul 2001 17:14:11

Disclaimer:

I haven't yet read Gormenghast, though it's "on the list".

I didn't watch the TV show yet because I prefer to read things before
I see any film/TV adaptation and I figure it won't be too hard to
track down a copy of the film when I do finally read the book.

But I wanted to alert the truly curious to another adaptation of
Gormenghast, namely the "rock opera" version.  The sample tracks I
downloaded didn't do a thing for me, although the composer, Irmin
Schmidt, is a musician I very much admire as one of the founders of
the seventies-era German rock band CAN, which this stuff sounds
nothing like at all!

Go to:

http://www.spoonrecords.com/

And follow the Gormenghast links for information and downloadable
extracts.

Dan