From: "E Dorian" <edorian@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) Gormenghast
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:09:48

This video was shown at Readercon a year ago.  I knew nothing about
Gormenghast, but decided to check it out, and thought it was excellent.

I find that most movies based on books are horrible, and that the screen
writers need to show some creativity and write their OWN stories, instead of
shredding the written stories we love.  When I finally read the Gormenghast
books, will this film fall into the same disappointing group of films as,
say, Starship Troopers?

BTW, The Part One of Gormenghast was on last night, and I taped it.  Part
Two is on tonight!

Darryl