From: PMorris33@aol.com
Subject: (urth) The Hamilton "Night's Dawn" Trilogy
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:24:58 EDT

--part1_22.19f975f9.28a53aaa_boundary

<<Regarding Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" trilogy (which, by the way,
I recommend highly), you wrote:>>

Yes, I am impressed by Hamilton's "Night Dawn " trilogy too.  I had
complained to my local science fiction bookstore (Mysterious Galaxy) that
there was simply no one writing as well as Gene Wolf in this country or Ian
M. Banks in the UK The manager suggested the Hamilton books.  For some
reason, few of the local bookstore chains were carrying him at the time.  I
had to order the second and third volumes from Amazon.uk.com.

I'm surprised at the lack of interest in Peter Hamilton in this country.
Have you any explanation?  His earlier works, the "Mindstar" series, were
somewhat glib but pleasant techno-thrillers.  I was amused, rather than
offended by the resolutely Thatcherite political attitudes.  I'm rather
left-wing, myself, but like Auden, I will
"Pardon Kipling and Claudel for writing well"

But Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" trilogy has tremendous epic scope and sweep.  A
fictional universe to lose yourself in.  I would reccomend him to any Wolfe
fan.

Pippen

--part1_22.19f975f9.28a53aaa_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  SIZE=2>&lt;&lt;Regarding Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" trilogy (which, by the way,
<BR>I recommend highly), you wrote:&gt;&gt;
<BR>
<BR>Yes, I am impressed by Hamilton's "Night Dawn " trilogy too. &nbsp;I had
<BR>complained to my local science fiction bookstore (Mysterious Galaxy) that
<BR>there was simply no one writing as <B>well</B> as Gene Wolf in this country or Ian
<BR>M. Banks in the UK The manager suggested the Hamilton books. &nbsp;For some
<BR>reason, few of the local bookstore chains were carrying him at the time. &nbsp;I
<BR>had to order the second and third volumes from Amazon.uk.com.
<BR>
<BR>I'm surprised at the lack of interest in Peter Hamilton in this country. &nbsp;
<BR>Have you any explanation? &nbsp;His earlier works, the "Mindstar" series, were
<BR>somewhat glib but pleasant techno-thrillers. &nbsp;I was amused, rather than
<BR>offended by the resolutely Thatcherite political attitudes. &nbsp;I'm rather
<BR>left-wing, myself, but like Auden, I will
<BR>"Pardon Kipling and Claudel for writing well"
<BR>
<BR>But Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" trilogy has tremendous epic scope and sweep. &nbsp;A
<BR>fictional universe to lose yourself in. &nbsp;I would reccomend him to any Wolfe
<BR>fan.
<BR>
<BR>Pippen
<BR></FONT></HTML>