From: David Duffy <davidD@qimr.edu.au>
Subject: (urth) Tower of London
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 20:49:36 +1000 (EST)

I just watched a documentary about the Royal Menagerie within the
Tower of London.  Not only was there a Lion Tower (where the lions and
tigers were, demolished in the 19th C), but Henry (III?) kept his white
bear from the King of Norway at the ToL (it used to swim in the Thames).
There is a Bear Tower at Warwick Castle.  Of course, in the same complex,
are the various cells and torture chambers for the human prisoners.  Are
there other historical models (perhaps with a nunnery within the walls)?