From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net>
Subject: (urth) Re: Invisible Library
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:07:10

The first time this subject came up, mantis contributed a list of the
"books" in BIBLIOMEN which included seven books not on his more recent list:

Brooks, Robert T., (Spinning Jenny transcription: title unknown), Doubleday
(1982) [p. 19]

French, Bernard A., PERFECTION UNTO DEATH [p. 44]

Rico, Paul, TRAINING THE MIND (1981) [p. 72]

Mirk, Roy C., POULTRY AS SYMBOLISM IN NINETEENTH CENTURY AMERICAN LITERATURE
" , TEA-TIME TALK IN THE NOVELS OF LOUISE MAY ALCOTT
" , WASHING AS A EUPHEMISM IN THE WORKS OF JACK LONDON
" , A POST-MODERNIST CRITIC VIEWS THE ANTEBELLUM MIDDLE WEST [p. 93]

I can't find my copy of BIBLIOMEN, so I don't know if there's a reason for
his omitting these this time.

I do have the following to contribute, though:

"From the Desk of Gilmer C. Merton" by Gene Wolfe (in STOREYS
FROM THE OLD HOTEL).

STAR SHUTTLE by Gilray Gunn (Gilmer C. Merton)
COME, DARK LUST! by Wolf Moon
THE SHRIEKING IN THE NURSERY by Wolf Moon

--Adam