From: James Stewart <james.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) the mystery of Q
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 19:13:25

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

At 11:53 PM 1/12/97 +0000, you wrote:

>And finally, I agree with everyone who's cited the line "Then I walked in" as
>a major shocker.  It exploded off the page at me!  I wanted to ask myself
>whether it was a cheap shot, but my mind was too busy reeling, trying to see
>everything in this new light--which itself answers any question about the
>line's effectiveness.  In short, it just about killed me.

I feel like an idiot, where was this line and what was its significance?

By the way, I am new here. Having read the Book of the New Sun and Book of
the Long Sun, I was a Wolfe fan.

James A. Stewart

james.stewart@worldnet.att.net
or