From: revjack@radix.net (revjack@radix.net)
Subject: Re: (whorl) Quetzal
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 03:09:00 GMT

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

[Hope I'm replying to the correct address here...]

On Wed, 15 Jan 97 09:40:09 -0500, David_Lebling@avid.com wrote:

: > From: douge@nti.com (Doug Eigsti)
: > Subject: Re: (whorl) the mystery of Q
: > Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 13:01:55 -0700 (MST)
:
: > Quetzal is first mentioned in LAKE on page 81.2 (2nd paragraph). On
: > page 86.1 Remora notes that he is fond of beef tea. Remora says
: > "A man can't live on beef tea and air", we now know that he was
: > supplementing his diet with blood.
:
: That's very interesting; do we know that Quetzal was getting blood
: somewhere?  I don't remember anything specific to that effect.

I seem to recall some sort of blood-sucking misfortune having befallen
Teasel, which Dr. Crane dismissed as some sort of bat bite.
Unfortunately I don't have my copy of "Nightside" - I just finished
"Exodus" and happily turned around to read the four again, only to
find the first one missing. Damn.

: I have read somewhere that Wolfe is planning a series set on Blue and
: Green.

I certainly hope so. Do you suppose the dark, flitting thing that Horn
saw at the end of "Exodus" could be Oreb?
revjack@radix.net

Questions or problems to whorl-owner@lists.best.com

<--prev V1 next-->