From: James Stewart <james.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) A question
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 23:45:12

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

<james.stewart@worldnet.att.net> said:

>James> All of this talk of Exodus now is making me desperate to read it,
>James> but before I do I need to know something. Do I need to invest the
>James> time in rereading the first books before this one will make any
>James> sense?
>
>I certainly did reread the first three books; it's very helpful. Given the
>long gap between the third and fourth books, it's easy to forget too many
>of those important details.

Well, now I have my reading set forth for me for the next month or so.

I have to reread the first two books, the third, and then the forth.

By the way, there is a possible half-assed justification for Lamarck based
upon Gary Wills "Wisdom of the Genes," but that is very off-topic.

James A. Stewart

james.stewart@worldnet.att.net
or
jstewart@cougar.colstate.cc.oh.us