From: David_Lebling@avid.com
Subject: (whorl) Digest whorl.v001.n031
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 97 14:57:41

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

From: m.driussi@genie.com

> Re: Calde Tussah, I'm wondering if he isn't Hindu-Indian?  That is,
> from Trivigaunte.

I thought the Triviguantis were more Arab or Persian than Indian. They
at least show Islamic survivals, wherever they are from.  For example,
their symbol is a red triangle, "because Sphigx won't let them use
images."  They are monotheists (more or less, worshipping only or mostly
Sphigx). Their names and the little bits of their language that we hear
are more like Arabic than Hindi, as well.

     Dave
     (david_lebling@avid.com)

Questions or problems to whorl-owner@lists.best.com

<--prev V2 next-->