From: douge@nti.com (Doug Eigsti)
Subject: Re: (whorl) A response, of sorts
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 09:53:18

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

mantis,

	I appreciate your responses. I always find them to be full of
thought provoking ideas. Could you please elaborate on Severian's
lineage. I did not make the connection for any of the ones you listed
(below) even after my second pass through NEW SUN. I am anxious to check
them out but my notes are of no help because I was not even looking.

=Talon=
douge@nti.com

> Or recall the softness with which Wolfe revealed Severian's mother,
> father, paternal grandmother, and last, paternal grandfather [whom we
> met first--perhaps as early as ch. 2 of THE SHADOW OF THE TORTURER,
> but certainly by ch.22].  So softly that some reviewers (and even
> a critical essay published in an academic book)

Questions or problems to whorl-owner@lists.best.com

<--prev V2 next-->