From: douge@nti.com (Doug Eigsti)
Subject: Re: (whorl) silk flowers, sleepers awake, whorl gazetteer
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 12:29:43

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Ranjit Bhatnagar writes:

> Just for the heck of it: What cities do we know of?  Gens
> ("they got tails in Gens"), Trivigaunte ("the girls fight
> like troopers in Trivigaunte"), Palustria ("down amongst
> the pollywogs, eh?"), Urbs and Urbis (can't find a quote).

	I scanned through my list of cities and I think you listed them
all. You will find a listing for Urbs in EXODUS Ch. I, P.36.7 (7th
paragraph from the top). "More spys than Urbs..." (I always find it
burdensome to read through an entire page to find the word I am looking
for)

> --
>
> Finally, another suggestion for the gammadion/voided cross:
> a central hub with four screwdrivers (two philips and two
> flat?) and four removable, gamma-shaped hex-keys.  With the
> gammas snapped into place with their crossbars facing the
> screwdrivers, they form hollow rectangles; four hollow
> rectangles make a voided cross.

	I still maintain that the void cross cannot have a central hub. A
void is a void.

=Talon=

Questions or problems to whorl-owner@lists.best.com

<--prev V3 next-->