From: Reusch <newsun@freeway.net>
Subject: (whorl) thank you, my son
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 97 22:56:50

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Well, my prayer to mainframe in my last message was granted, I am once
again receiving. Thank you. Now, what about that Urth mailing list? I
haven't heard anything from it yet, and I subscribed soon after it went
up.
Mantis,
I just received your response to my initial questions. I like your
Pike-Quetzal explanation. It follows pretty closely with what I had been
thinking. Although I didn't mean to imply that what Silk saw was an
"actual" ghost, I'm not sure of what it was. I'm warm to the aquastor
theory, but not sold on it, unless what mainframe produces for people to
see their deceased loved ones are aquastors.  That would make it more
likely, at least to me.
Thanks for the response, and I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of your Q&D
Guide!

Vance

<--prev V4 next-->