From: revjack@radix.net (Patera Jack)
Subject: Re: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v001.n060
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 19:42:16 GMT

[Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997 15:02:47 +0000, Derek Bell wrote:

:
: [Posted from Whorl, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]
:
: In message <199703152101.NAA12180@lists1.best.com>, Alice Turner writes:
: >[on Nessus==Buenos Aires]
: >Do you have this from the Wolfe's mouth?  If you don't, I'll beg to differ
: >with you. In my opinion,  Nessus is, in a general way, Alexandria. Will
: >back this up if you don't    have the tap from the source---otherwise, of
: >course, will concede.
:
: 	I agree - there's a resemblance between both Nessus and
: Alexandria. Nessus has a large library and is the principal city of the
: Commonwealth.

I was under the impression that Nessus was below the equator, and that
one had to travel north to reach the hot jungles at "the waist of the
Urth". Urth's magnetic fields may have flipped several times, but I
don't think that civilization would globally agree to swap the
designations "north" and "south" at those times.

revjack@radix.net

Questions or problems to whorl-owner@lists.best.com

<--prev V4 next-->