From: David_Lebling@avid.com
Subject: (whorl) Ask the Wolfe
Date: Wed, 14 May 97 09:07:36

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

This is like being a kid in a candy store, but with only one quarter to

"Was what Silk saw in the manteion Pike's ghost, or an aquastor, or

and "What about..."  No, no, I'll restrain myself.  I can do it...  I'll
save the other 800 questions for another time.

This could be a lot of fun, and it's very kind of Mr. Wolfe to do it.

p.s. to Patrick:  Agree wholeheartedly about _There Are Birds_. Have you
tried _Humpty Dumpty: An Oval_?  I'll have to check out _God's Fires_,
as I loved _Cold Allies_ and _Brother Termite_, but haven't read any
other Patricia Anthony since.

p.p.s: Bonus question for Gene Wolfe: "How long have you been wearing a
moustache?" (Saw a picture of him with same in SF Chronicle; he hasn't
always had one, has he?) Try to be oracular about that one!

p.p.p.s: mantis, if you run out of questions (hah!), send him my
compilation of mysteries, literary or whorlographic.

<--prev V5 next-->