From: "Marcos B. Gouvea" <m_gouvea@colby.edu>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Ask Gene Wolfe
Date: Thu, 15 May 97 22:30:41

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

	Gah! I was so busy doing my science fair project that I
didn't check my e-mail until now... I would've been disappointed if I
had missed this oppurtunity for some *real* answers to all those
mysterious questions. Cutoff is Friday, right? (I hope I hope I hope
I hope!)
	I don't really want to be attributed with ruining the
mysteries of the whorl, and I don't think I've really contributed
enough to justify me asking one of the big ones. It's being knawing
on me for a while anyway. So, with that in mind, my question is: "Who
WAS Blood's father?" I don't think we ever found it out.

		Bloody was a baby,
		and Rosey was his Ma,
		and though she vowed her secrecy,
		We should know who was his Pa!

	Sorry. Just feeling a little inspired.

	In case anyone who hasn't asked their question yet didn't
notice, no one's thought of asking whether Blue/Green was St.
Anne/Whatever (I haven't read that series yet, so I wouldn't know).
Come on, we neeed to get all of the biggies! Also, did anyone ask
specifically for the five things Mint gave up after she became 15?
One final loose strand: At the beginning of Chapter 8 in Calde,
Marble/Rose remembers having seen an object in the sky and thinking
that it was dirty, causing the soldier nearby to remark "Why don't
you dust it?" Was the dirty object the Whorl?
	"A memory so remote that it seemed to have lain behind her
curved metal skull stirred at this, her third view. Dust flew, as
dust always does when something that has remained motionless for a
long time moves at last."

				Thanks!
					---Quill

Marcos Gouvea--------------------------m_gouvea@colby.edu

Brutha tried to nod, and thought: I'm on everyone's side. It'd be
nice if, just for once, someone was on mine.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

<--prev V5 next-->