From: m.driussi@genie.com
Subject: (whorl) FlashEnergyPlasma
Date: Mon,  9 Jun 97 06:37:00 GMT

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

Reply:  Item #4728612 from WHORL@LISTS.BEST.COM@INET01#

Michael Richman,

Yes, the restarting of the long sun was at maximum power, which is
what set the fig tree on fire . . . or so they reason.  But I
thought we were talking about the flash of light that Silk sees
while admiring the starscape in the lander at the bottom of the
shrine of Pas?  Which so frightens him that he runs away.

Re: Mint as general.  Somewhere she picked up some real military
terms, military strategy, and military ability.  Not likely to have
come from religious school, nor from "Kypris" (not-her-real-name) the
mortal courtesan.  If you mean to say that Mint is a late blooming
natural military genius, well sure, there's always the possibility that
she is another cold one suddenly activated, just like we know Silk was.