From: "Alice Turner" <al@interport.net>
Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v007.n020
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 17:00:06

[Posted from WHORL, the mailing list for Gene Wolfe's Book of the Long Sun]

.
> 	At the same time, some people just aren't reading very carefully. The
> analytical afterword in my Ace paperback edition of "Fifth Head" praises
> Wolfe for not telling us whether V.R.T. is an alien shapeshifter or a
human
> being; in fact, it is clear he is an alien. (Ah, but why is he called V.
> get the R.T., but why the V.?)

Huh? Care to share? I get the V---fifth head, Number Five, Veil, Victor
etc.---but not the RT.

> 	I wish you distributed it better! I was in NYC last week and shopped
> several places, including SF stores, and nobody had the NYRSF, and most
had
> never heard of it.

Ratty, distribution is via moi. Send your mailing address not to this email
address but to al@ny.playboy.com and I will send a xeroxed copy via snail
mail.

-alga-

<--prev V7 next-->