From: m.driussi@genie.geis.com
Subject: (whorl) Eloquent profanity
Date: Tue, 12 May 98 02:31:00 GMT

Brain,

Thanks for the feedback on LS-2!

We're on the lookout for as much textual confirmation (entries in
slang dictionaries, like Partridge's) as possible, but we also need
the "sense of" which I left out in the majority of entries (war
between laziness and ignorance).

(Then again, I can't believe I didn't find "Crank" in my =own= OED;
that's why many eyes is better than one.)

"Done for," right.  I suppose we should say, "see `Do for'"?  Arrange
main entries by infinitive form.

How to organize all the LAY material?

Hornbuss, Hornbussing, Hornboy . . . all very interesting when we
much later (in the fourth book) learn that the narrator's name is . .
. Horn.  Makes ya wonder.