From: Peter Westlake <peter@harlequin.co.uk>
Subject: (whorl) Name of the _Whorl_
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 12:26:17 +0100

Is there any special reason for the _Whorl_'s name?
It doesn't seem like an obvious choice for a hollowed-out
asteroid.

The only idea I have about this is so infinitely improbable
that I really hope someone will tell me it can't be true ...
it's a starship run by computers, so I wonder if it's related
to the ship's computer with the very similar name in a series
almost, but not quite, entirely unlike Wolfe? On a ship owned
by the two-headed **pho*?

Was Silk making a really hot cup of tea when Pike's ghost appeared?

 -- Spectacled Bear, aghast at finding how well this hangs
    together, except for the Cup of Tea, which was a Joke.