From: Michael Straight <straight@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v008.n042
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 08:53:26

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Alice Turner wrote:

> >Oh my.  "Two-headed **pho*"!  I love it!  Someone really needs to confront
> >Wolfe with that one.
>

> Huh? Can one of you explain?

Two-headed Zaphod (Beeblebrox), President of the entire Galaxy
(Universe?), but really just figure-heads for the dark and mysterious
actual rulers (is Typhon really a pawn of the Undines?).  From Douglas
Adams' _Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_ books.

And...in a spoiler for HHGTG...

Zaphod discovers that someone has messed with his brain to make him do
stuff he normally wouldn't and later discovers that someone was himself,
rewiring his own brains so he could become President without his real
motives being discovered.  It's not quite one head betraying the other,
but...

-Rostrum