From: "Alex David Groce" <adgroce@eos.ncsu.edu>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v009.n005
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:53:21

Rostrum said:
> I guess I'm imagining that a male and female get together and start making
> the little chem and go into an different mode of consciousness, after
> which they couldn't really tell you what they did or how they did it.
> All part of Typhon's plan to keep technology out of the wrong hands.
>
> And OF COURSE they would demand privacy.

	Yes.  Clearly the whole system has been designed by Typhon to keep
useful technology out of the cargo's hands--not that Typhon did such a hot
job...  It's easy to imagine a program that the Chems can run but can't
consciously access--they can "do it", but are made so they can't figure out how
they do it.  I mean, people can have kids, but for most of history, if you'd
taken two people aside and said--"When you have sex and out comes a kid, how
does that work?  I'm thinking of using hearts for power packs on my new
catapults," well you get the picture.
--
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." - John 8:32