From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@crossover.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Spoiler on the connection between New Sun/Long Sun
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:35:17

At 03:51 PM 2/16/99 -0000, Kieran wrote:
>Well there's also the depiction of Pas as being two-headed in Kypris'
>temptation of Silk at the end of Exodus. So unless Wolfe has an undue liking
>for two-headed tyrants......

Pas is depicted as two-headed throughout _Long Sun_--I believe that the
description of the mural in the auditorium in the brothel in _Nightside_
mentions his two heads (and two penises, since the mural is a blasphemous
ribaldry).

Pas being two-headed would not be an *explicit* link to _New Sun_. But
people probably would have made the connection even without Kypris's
comment--I can't imagine Mantis not having noticed it eventually, for
instance, and I distinctly remember that when I read that sentence in
_Lake_, I slapped myself on the forehead (literally!) for not having made
the connection myself.

Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney@crossover.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/olp/nyrsf/nyrsf.html