From: "Jonathan Laidlow" <LAIDLOJM@hhs.bham.ac.uk>
Subject: (whorl) new academic piece on Wolfe
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:09:33 GMT

Just noticed that the Summer 1999 issue of Extrapolation (40:2)
contains a piece by John Gerlach entitled

 'The rhetoric of an impossible object: gods, chems, and science
fantasy in Gene Wolfe's 'Book of the Long Sun'.

Not having easy access to this journal I downloaded it from the
website of www.northernlight.com. This is a service that provides
pay-per-view access to news, business, and scholarly articles. I
downloaded the piece for 2.95 dollars. Note that it looked as
though Mantis' Posthistory 101 piece is also available for paid
download, for those who haven't got access to 'Extrapolation'.

I must admit to being very busy so I haven't read it yet.  I noted that
the footnotes credit our little community. Are you out there John
Gerlach?

Will be adding this piece to the Ultan's Library bibliography as soon
as possible.

Jonathan
Visit Ultan's Library - A Gene Wolfe web resource
http://members.tripod.co.uk/laidlow/index.htm
Jonathan Laidlow
University of Birmingham, UK