From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan@gnt.net>
Subject: (whorl) Untrustworthy Narrators?
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:56:03

>How much fun is a Wolfe story where you know you can
>trust the narrator?

	Since I've been away from Urth and Whorl for months, maybe you folks have
settled this question, but for what it's worth, my recollection is that
Wolfe says his narrators are not untrustworthy at all. At least not
intentionally. Since they have a limited perspective, of course, they may
not see or understand everything that we, the reader, may see or
understand. But to assume that Latro or Severian are deliberately
misleading the reader is, it seems to me, quite without foundation, and
something that Wolfe has denied.

Nutria