From: "William H. Ansley" <wansley@warwick.net>
Subject: (whorl) Disarming Seawrack
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 23:46:32

OK, all of you people who think Wolfe always has a reason for everything he
writes (you know who you are!), what is the reason for Seawrack's missing
right arm?

I find it rather odd that having her arm mangled and then amputated,
doesn't seem to bother Seawrack very much. Even odder is the way she adapts
instantly to having no right arm. She is not unbalanced, even at first, or
inconvenienced in any way we are told about. She can swim just as well as
ever, apparently. It also doesn't seem to bother anyone else that she has
only one arm. It certainly doesn't make her any less desirable to Horn or
any other man. Not that it should, but I think it might put some men off.
No one even seems to be curious about why she is missing an arm or how it
happened, which strikes me as being quite against human nature.

Is Seawrack really missing an arm or is Horn being mislead somehow?
("Prepare for mind control!" -Evil, in the film _Time Bandits_.)

William Ansley