From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@crossover.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Re: Horn as Silk
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:27:09

At 08:09 PM 11/16/99 -0500, alga wrote:
>But later thinking is
>that it's more complicated than that--it's a secret that if known could
>destroy them--and that Wolfe just hasn't given it to us even in clue form
>yet.

I like the later observation (I'm pretty sure it was made here) to the
effect that: If the inhumi only gain sentience from feeding on sentient
prey, the humans could defeat them by methodically protecting each other
from the inhumi during conjunction. But human divisiveness keeps them from
protecting each other completely, and thus some humans fall, making the
inhumi stronger.

But I agree that Wolfe almost certainly has something more subtle and
clever in mind.

Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney@crossover.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction
http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/olp/nyrsf/nyrsf.html