From: Alex David Groce <Alex_Groce@gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v010.n076
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:35:45

Dave Langford said:

>Also Alex David Groce wrote, in the context of Horn's rape of Seawrack
>and the ring:
>
>> Covenant raped Lena, who (did she?  I don't
>> really remember) gives him a white-gold ring with mysterious powers.
>
>Um, no: Covenant's ring is his wedding ring, from this world and from
>before his leprosy.

Thank goodness--I just haven't read the Covenant books in so long that my
memory of the details is slowly eroding.  This lessens the spooky resemblance
considerably.

By the way, you can all drop the "David Groce" part.  "Alex" is plenty (the
stuffy signature is because I'm too lazy to get multiple signatures working
right with my Rube Goldberg mh mail interface to emacs).

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
--
Alex David Groce (agroce+@cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University - Computer Science Department