From: "Jack Lyons" <revjack@radix.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Mucor question
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:16:20

>Just one simple question really.  Why does Mucor seem to be the only one of
>her *kind*?  I know she was a product of genetic manipulation gone awry,
but
>even if it was an accident, Blood thought it was a genetic talent he could
>use.  Why wouldn't anyone else intentionally try to create another Mucor
for
>their use?

Perhaps because the experiment demonstrated that while one could manipulate
the physical characteristics of a person, the emotional, intellectual and
spiritual aspects of that person proved to be beyond the control of the
scalpel and the test tube. Mucor may be a lab rat, but I wouldn't consider
her "manageable" - a trait that I assume her manipulators had in their
project requirements.

I'm sure that someone can provide a theist metaphor for this. :)

RJ
--
revjack@radix.net
stochasticgnosisthroughablativedissonance