From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) [SPOILERS] In Green's Jungles, first thoughts
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 19:17:24

David Wells wrote:

> I concur with others that Horn knows that he's in Silk's body, but denies
> "being Silk" because
>         - basic honesty. He isn't 100% Pure Silk(TM)
>         - neither he nor the fragment of Silk's spirit within him actually
> want to try to live up to the legendary status which Silk has attained
> (The latter is, arguably, rather a selfish motive, although maybe I am
> unfair in ascribing it to him).

But, as I've said before, the problem isn't just that he denies being
Silk.  It's that he never mentions being in Silk's body, and does things
which suggest that he doesn't know where Silk's body is.

> P.S. Inhumi secret: I don't think anyone has cited this bit yet:
> p. 253, SHorn speaking:
> "After that [more people being killed] something else will happen, and still
> more people will die, and the inhumi will come in the night to drink our
> blood, _carousing upon our hates and fears and lusts_".
> Seems a fairly explicit statement of the "let's all be virtuous" hypothesis.

Horn says elsewhere that our bad behavior makes the inhumi worse.  But
since he says it, it isn't the secret.

--Adam