From: "Endymion9" <endymion9@mindspring.com>
Subject: (whorl) Re: Typhoon's Duality
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:25:11

Seth Lombardi wrote:

< Okay, if Typhon was Neighbor-Spawned or related it _would_ help finally
< explain the whole Why The Whorl Anyway question, but Typhon was such a
< seemingly sinister and human critter that I have a hard time buying it.
His
< duality is parasitic and completely antithetical to both the Outsider and
(I
< think - I've only read OBW) the semi-enlightened noble savage-ness of the
< Neighbors. Then again, the Neighbors ain't exactly what I'd call easy to
< relate to, so perhaps Typhon was some sort of proto-neighbor, from back
when
< they were a bit more barbaric. On the other hand, I've always liked the
way
< Wolfe makes most evil human created - even we seeded Erebus and such.

Or could Typhoon be a similar aberration to Asimov's "Mule"?  Not typical of
any of the other Neighbors?

Dennis/Endy
http://home.mindspring.com/~endymion9/index.htm