From: Sheila Herndon <skherndon@yahoo.com>
Subject: (whorl) Re: Clute's review of IGJ
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:30:27

> --------------- MESSAGE whorl.v011.n018.3
> From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nicholas=20Gevers?=
> <vermoulian@yahoo.com>

> SF WEEKLY has just published John Clute's review of
> IN
> GREEN'S JUNGLES, and (among other remarks of
> interest)
> Clute declares that it is "reasonably clear" that
> Horn/Silk is himself an inhumu. Any reactions?

delurking - well, I have been wondering about that.
Horn goes on and on to Hide about how to detect
Inhumu - make-up, scales, lack of eating. And near
to this point, Horn repeatedly talks about his
lack of eating. Also, perhaps the "suicide" scene
with who we presume to be Silk is actually a scene
with an Inhumu who has fed on Silk (blood everywhere)
and has part of Silk's essense, and Horn is
transported into the Silk/Inhumu body.

But no one ever comments on Horn's appearance (wrt
the other warning signs of an inhumu). I also
cannot remmeber temperature conversations - that would
be another telling point.

sh