From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@ungames.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Just read Clute's OBW review <SPOILERS>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:31:48

At 05:10 PM 8/17/00 -0500, Endymion (*) wrote:
>The second shock was reading his opinion that OBW is happening at the same
>time as TBOTNS?  I had inferred from reading the whorl list that most were
>of the opinion that OBW was at least 1000 years later than TBOTNS?  Do any
>agree with Clute's timeframe estimates?

I thought that the common wisdom was that the Whorl left Urth about 1000
years before _Book of the New Sun_ (during the time of Typhon) and had
spent 1000 years in transit (though only 358 years passed on-board because
of time dilation). Someone here--Robert Borski, I think--pegged the scene
towards the end of _Green_ as taking place during the swimming scene in
chapter 1 of _Shadow of the Torturer_, and I suspect he's right.

*Must we assume that, with a name like that, Endymion is a monster?

--
Wombat, a.k.a. Kevin Maroney kmaroney@ungames.com
Kitchen Staff Supervisor, New York Review of Science Fiction