From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis@sirius.com>
Subject: (whorl) IGJ and Lune's orbit
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 06:21:00

One of the neat things about the visit to Urth is the way that the visitors
give us a different, objective view of Nessus and the dying Old Sun.  They
give new figures on the ruinification of Nessus, the size, timeframe, and
all that--they really are our stand-ins, doing exactly what we Wolfe
readers would do if given the chance.

And when they notice how bloated the Old Sun is, we get the inference of
another piece of the Lune's orbit puzzle (in fact, it might be the main
reason why Lune is so much closer to Urth than the Moon is to Earth): it
has to be, in order to fully eclipse the bloated Old Sun!