From: Redhaven1@aol.com
Subject: (whorl) Re: Digest whorl.v012.n016
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 00:08:32 EST

As long as we're on the topic of Wolfe's bookcovers, I'd like to get in my
two (or three) cents.  Firstly, I think the trade-paperback cover of Litany
of the Long Sun is the best looking book cover of them all.  The book itself
is just lovely. . .  perhaps my favorite cover of any of my books other than
Tolkien's, and those are not science-fiction.  Secondly, what does anyone
think of the cover of the Science Fiction Book Club's omnibus New Sun
collection?  I my opinion they do a terrible job of Severian and the
techo-apocolypic background looks out of place.  (Besides that though, it's a
great book. . . the only place I've ever seen all four books of the New Sun
together in one volume- and hardcover at that.)  Finally, what about the
cover of Devil in a Forest?  It's intriguing, but doesn't seem to have
anything to do with the book.

-Steve