From: Adam Stephanides <adamsteph@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: (whorl) RTTW spoilers, mea culpa
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:07:37 +0000

on 2/12/01 2:15 AM, Michael Andre-Driussi at mantis@sirius.com wrote:

> Eek!  In my rush to express my intuition that the Silk-to-Horn/Silk
> transfer happened at a very specific point in the text (when Horn/Silk sees
> Pig face to face after the operation), not off-stage somewhere (nor
> anywhere else in time), I temporarily forgot all the monitor-to-eyeball
> "rules of possession" previously established.

I hope you won't be offended if I ask you where this intuition comes from.
I'm sure you understand the book much better than me, but I honestly don't
recall anything which even suggests that Silk's spirit is absent from his
body when Horn's spirit is transferred in, and is "reloaded" from Pig after
the operation (if I understand your position correctly).

--Adam