From: Alex David Groce <Alex_Groce@gs246.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Horn Lives
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:27:11

Nutria said:

> This construction fits perfectly, I submit, with the theology of the
> boo k.  Christians live in Christ, in the body of Christ (both
> personal and churchly), and receive the same Holy Spirit as Jesus
> received. So, Horn lives in Silk's body, and receives the same
> Oreb. And, feeding on Christ's body eucharistically, Christians
> receive from Him. Similarly, Horn is receiving things from Silk's
> body.

I agree with you that Oreb all along has strong aspects as a Holy
Spirit figure.  Given this, what do you think the significance of
Oreb's possession by Scylla is?  This whole Scylla-in-Oreb thing is
strange.  It is hinted at before RTTW, as members of the list
suggested, but it makes little enough sense that I sort of placed it
in the category of "why is Scylla emphasized when she hasn't had much
role in RTTW?  Beats me."

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
Alex David Groce (agroce+@cs.cmu.edu)
Ph.D. Student, Carnegie Mellon University - Computer Science Department
8112 Wean Hall (412)-268-3066