From: "Dan'l Danehy-Oakes" <ddanehy@siebel.com>
Subject: RE: (whorl) FTP Pig; Clute's Review; Not Boredom
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:41:43

Vizcacha wrote:

> I agree with Patrick here.

On further thought, so do I. There is no real indicator that
(Pas)Silk downloads into Silkhorn at any time. My reasoning
was that (1) Silk's spirit was dying, (2) Horn takes over,
(3) Afterwards, Silk's spirit seems to be active. But, thinking
about it, I believe Silkhorn makes a few of the same kind of
confusions before the West Pole as he does after (though I
could be wrong; I don't have my copy here at work). What's
certain, though, is that there is no clear moment when it
happens or could happen.

Though... Given the provenance of that scene, would the twins
and their wives have known? I dunno. At any rate, there is no
direct evidence for a download, of which I am aware.

What _is_ clear, though, is that the reason it was so critical
to get Pig his e'en, or at least one, was so Silk-in-possession
could reintegrate with his Mainframe self -- the reason the
narrator says (in OBW? IGJ?) that he couldn't have left Pig
blind.

--Blattid