From: "Robert Borski" <rborski@charter.net>
Subject: (whorl) Re: godling as assassin of Silk
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:40:54

vizcacha having written:

<In fact, spinning this into more of an idea, what if Horn/Silk's wounds
were
made by a godling? I brought this idea up before but didn't have any idea
for a motive. It occurs to me that if a godling commanded Silk to preach the
end of the exodus, he might well have refused, even to the point of
violence. A thin reed to build a theory on, I know...>

This was pretty much the argument I made in my first Piggie post, only I had
Pig being the godling involved, and postulated slightly different motives
than you for the dastardly deed.

But as far as your core thesis goes--that a godling may have killed
Silk--I'm right with you.

I've also speculated with David DiGiacomo in private correspondence that the
person who attempted to assassinate Caldé Mint might have been a godling.
Mint, as she tells us, put a halt to the leaving of all landers shortly
after the first darkday--thus putting her at odds with the godlings'
instructions at the time.

Now for the tie-in question. Up until what point did the godlings preach
their thou-must-leave-the-whorl dictate? Is it just a coincidence that the
first time we hear the new message about staying is shortly after Horn has
come to the Whorl via the Silk transfusion? Why now, and not earlier/later?

Robert Borski