From: "Dan'l Danehy-Oakes" <ddanehy@siebel.com>
Subject: RE: (whorl) Horn Dies
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:35:25

Responding to my observation that a "return to the world"
might be a resurrection, JaJo wrote:

> Maybe. Or maybe an ascension, since in some sense "Silk"
> has just been "resurrected." In a sense, Horn has "gone
> up to heaven" in answer to the prayer for "daily" bread.

Which lets us mix the symbolism in yet another way -- Horn
is very much Silk's spiritual son; after the death on Green,
the son and the father are one in a rather literal way.

Or: ... Horn-the-Son ascends into Hell (green) and dies there,
then reunites with Silk-the-Father. Or: Horn-the-Son must
ascend into the Whorl so that the Silkhorn-the-Spirit might
return and bring the blessing of corn. Or:...

The point being that I think all these resonances are
clearly there, but no one is a 'ruling metaphor.'

> FWIW: I'm a Reformed (Calvinist) former minister, now theologian;

When I first fastread this, I read it as meaning: "I used
to be a Calvinist minister, but now I've reformed." 8*)

--Blattid