From: <akt@attglobal.net>
Subject: (whorl) Religion and You
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:13:01

> Blattid spoke:

Catholic?)

> Dante, for instance, certainly has his share of great admirers, even
> devotees, who do not share his theology or metaphysics (Borges frex).
> The same holds for, say, Eliot (although to a lesser degree, and with
> more controversy).  I would be surprised to find Wolfe fans who don't
> have the background to place the references at all, though.

One can be a hobbyist. Like me. I don't believe a word of either
testament, but Christianity is my favorite hobby and I'll bet I can
out-reference the whole damn barroom. (I think Borges was a hobbyist
too, fwiw.)

Oh, on another subject, I don't believe Seawrack was "in love with" Horn
either--Endy seems right on the money. I continue to be unpleasantly
surprised at the seeming sketchiness and hastiness of an ending that
bundles everyone (a bunch of near-strangers) off together on a Star Trek
mission.

-alga