From: "Kevin J. Maroney" <kmaroney@ungames.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) Re: Mysteries
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:24:16

At 02:38 PM 3/11/01 -0600, Robert B wrote:
>I've already attempted to answer this one, but to recapitulate: if the
>Neighbors are able to bilocate the same way the inhumi are, and if
>Pas/Typhon is a Neighbor, then PassilkHorn should also be able to do so. For
>the Narrator to acknowledge this, however, means he has to accept he's not
>simply Horn--something he avoids all the way to the end of the Short Sun
>series. Thus his worriment.

Why would we believe that Pas is a Neighbor?

I agree that Horn's reluctance to consider or explicate the reasons that he
can Travel without the Inhumi present is a reflection of his fears about
his own status, but it seems more likely that he fears that the translation
from his birth body to the body he finds himself in on the _Whorl_ has made
him no longer human. This, in fact, seems the most likely to me; Horn is no
longer human, even in Silk's body.

--
   Kevin Maroney | Unplugged Games
   kmaroney@ungames.com | (212) 777-1190