From: "E Dorian" <edorian@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: (whorl) mechAnIsm of consciousness
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:43:35

>From: "Dan'l Danehy-Oakes" <ddanehy@siebel.com>
>Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:01:19 -0800

> > murderer and begins to have murderous impulses.  Or the magic hand that
> > will graft itself to the stump of a person's forarm, granting her great
> > power but slowly remaking her in the image of the hand's original owner.
>
>Is that "real" fantasy/horror? The only place I've run across that
>is in D&D, the "hand of Vecna." But I haven't read all the fantasy/
>horror classics by any means...

There was a movie released 10 years ago called Body Parts.  It was a stupid
horror movie, the plot of which was the following.  A "mad-scientist" type
doctor had a project where he would take body parts from convicted felons
(death row folks, maybe?  I don't recall the details), and
graft/insert/affix/install them on/in/upon law-abiding citizens.

You can guess what happened.  For example one man wakes up to find his new
arm attempting to strangle his wife...

The movie is listed on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6302270871/o/qid=985198009/sr=2-1/103-8761236-2403868