From: James Jordan <jbjordan4@home.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) About the secret of the inhumi, again (RTTW
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:12:43

At 02:52 PM 4/19/2001 -0400,
Wombat wrote:

>B. If I am correct, it seems to me that this detail is supposed to be a
>major revelation about the nature of the secret, and key to understanding
>how the humans on Blue and Green could fight the inhumi. But I keep failing
>to see how this detail transforms what we knew into "a weapon too big to
>wield".

         There've been a couple of suggestions.
         1. Wiping out the inhumi would be so cruel that people would not
be able to bring themselves to do it. Or, it would require so much work
that humans would not be able to do it.
         2. Human beings are too wicked to treat the inhumi rightly, saving
and transforming them by offering our blood. Along these lines, I think
Adam's fine post "Dangling Thought Threads" makes some good points, and I'm
coming around to his point of view on Horn and Silk.
         3. One can view this as both true, as horns of a dilemma, and as
an explanation of why the Neighbors departed.

Nutria