From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nicholas=20Gevers?= <vermoulian@yahoo.com>
Subject: (whorl) The Secret: practical doubts
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 06:55:46 +0100 (BST)

William Ansley: I agree with a good deal of your logic
below. I've been arguing the strongest possible case
for the Secret as an offensive weapon, striving to
explain why the Secret would be so "great and
terrible" that the inhumi supposedly would kill any
human who knew it. I think that, given GW's enormous
interest in military matters, the specific aspects of
my theory about the Secret are probably what he had in
mind in writing TBSS; but he is GW, of course.
Ambiguity attends everything he writes. So yes: there
are doubts about the Secret's applicability, just as
you say. Necessarily so. Still, humans acting upon
knowledge of the Secret could do a good deal of damage
to the inhumi; the crucial difference between inhumi
and mosquitoes is that the former (some at least) are
intelligent, and would be very worried at any
systematic threat to their offspring.

--Nick Gevers.

--- William Ansley <wansley@warwick.net> wrote: > I
really don't see how using astral travel to wipe