From: James Jordan <jbjordan4@home.com>
Subject: (whorl) Destroying Inhumi
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:43:46

The Secret, it seems, is a weapon that can destroy the inhumi, but one that
may be and likely is too heavy to wield.
	I'd like to go back to something someone suggested, which is that when men
are good, and thus Christlike, then such good people will voluntarily give
blood as needed to help inhumi become good, as Christ did for humans.
Practically, such blood could be deposited in blood banks, analogous to
Christ's deposit of His blood in the Eucharist.
	This has not satisfied because transforming the inhumi does not seem to be
a weapon to destroy them. But is this the right understanding? SS is
clearly a religious as well as a political and personal novel. Twice we
have eucharistic scenes. That's no accident: In Christian thought the
Eucharist is eating and drinking Christ's death into oneself, so that one
can die to one's own evil and be born anew, over and over again. I suggest
that to transform the inhumi into true humans is precisely to destroy
inhumi, to destroy what makes them IN-humi.
	Pay close attention to the name Wolfe has given them: We humans are
usually inhumi, unless we "die" in Christ and are "raised" to a new life.
	In short, I suspect that destroying the inhumi has a religious meaning,
not a military one.
	Grist for the mill.

Nutria