From: Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (whorl) duko and the Sirius super cluster
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:59:22

--- Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis@siriusfiction.com>
wrote:
> Jerry Friedman wrote:
> >Why is there a k in "Duko"?
>
> It was my impression that the word is from Esperanto
> rather than Italian.
> thought that one or
> more other terms used by that group were also
> perfect Esperanto, but I
> could be mistaken.

Esperanto!  Thanks.  You know when I would have
guessed that?  Does anyone know whether how many of
the words from Grandecitta are Esperanto?  According
<http://wwwtios.cs.utwente.nl/traduk/EO-EN/Traduku>,
"strego/a" is not Esperanto; I'm sure it is Italian.

One of the gods was very strange if he or she
decided Grandecitta's language should be a mixture
of Esperanto and Italian.  But "very strange" is
about right.

--
Jerry Friedman