From: "Tony Ellis" <tony.ellis@futurenet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Re: (urth) Black Sun, Wh
Date: 16 Feb 1998 17:02:38 +0100

Kieran Cleary wrote:
>So to be explicit: It seems plausible that the black hole in the Old Sun =
>*directly* connected to the White Fountain. Energy/matter exiting =
>the black hole in the Old Sun appears from the mouth of the White =

I love the economy of this theory, but... We are told that the White =
is releasing energy from another universe into our own. Also, In TUOTNS =
get to see the White Fountain being created. Since this takes place in
Yesod I would assume that this is the universe from which the fountain
draws its energy.

Rostrum wrote:
>Except I still obviously don't understand anything because if the world
>Severian returns to is a whole new universe, then the Urth of the first
>four books never gets a New Sun, it just dies with the old one.

Severian doesn't return to a new universe. He visits a new one when he
goes to Yesod, but the universe he returns to is the same old one he

<--prev V7 next-->