From: "Robert Borski" <rborski@coredcs.com>
Subject: (urth) Solar Labyrinth's Sinister Element
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 17:47:14

Jason V. having asked:  "One question though: what do you
suppose is the "sinister element" that Wolfe claims to have "kept so far in
the background that few readers notice it at all"? (Introduction to STOREYS

I thought it was pretty much how tv insidiously takes over some people's
lives; i.e., we become so enchanted by the maze, we're reluctant to leave
and thus will always be vicarious "armchair adventurers" rather than actual
participants in life. I find this notion scary, anyway.

Then again, my maze-of-choice is reading.

scolex/Robert Borski