From: "Robert Borski" <rborski@coredcs.com>
Subject: (urth) Solar Labyrinth's Sinister Element
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 17:47:14

Jason V. having asked:  "One question though: what do you
suppose is the "sinister element" that Wolfe claims to have "kept so far in
the background that few readers notice it at all"? (Introduction to STOREYS
OF THE OLD HOTEL)"

I thought it was pretty much how tv insidiously takes over some people's
lives; i.e., we become so enchanted by the maze, we're reluctant to leave
and thus will always be vicarious "armchair adventurers" rather than actual
participants in life. I find this notion scary, anyway.

Then again, my maze-of-choice is reading.

scolex/Robert Borski